Come Back to Meby Coleen Patrick
Publication date: March, 2013
Genre: YA ContemporarySynopsis:Whitney Denison can’t wait to start over.
She thought she had everything under control, that her future would always include her best friend Katie… Until everything changed.
Now her life in Bloom is one big morning after hangover, filled with regret, grief, and tiny pinpricks of reminders that she was once happy. A happy she ruined. A happy she can’t fix.
So, she is counting down the days until she leaves home for Colson University, cramming her summer with busywork she didn’t finish her senior year, and taking on new hobbies that involve glue and glitter, and dodging anyone who reminds her of her old life.
When she runs into the stranger who drove her home on graduation night, after she’d passed out next to a ditch, she feels herself sinking again. The key to surviving the summer in Bloom is unraveling whatever good memories she can from that night.
But in searching for answers, she’ll have to ask for help and that means turning to Evan, the stranger, and Kyle, Katie’s ex-boyfriend. Suddenly, life flips again, and Whitney finds herself on not only the precipice of happy but love, too, causing her to question whether she can trust her feelings, or if she is falling into her old patterns of extremes.
As she uncovers the truth about her memories, Whitney sees that life isn’t all or nothing, and that happy isn’t something to wait for, that instead, happy might just be a choice.
Ten Random Things about Coleen Patrick
- I am the oldest of four siblings and there were times I let that power go to my head.
- Sometimes I run errands only to notice later that I have toothpaste spatter on my shirt.
- I think TV is awesome. Gilmore Girls is a favorite—I could live in Stars Hollow.
- I love the smell of books. When I pull up to the drive thru at my library I inhale deeply when they slide back the window.
- I broke my finger (and wore a cast for six weeks) after a battle with a spider. Obviously, the spider won.
- I think mushrooms are way too chewy to eat.
- I am gluten intolerant, so sometimes cupcakes and pizza seem like sparkly, shiny things. I just can’t look away.
- When I was a kid, I thought it would be cool to marry Godzilla.
- I’ve lived in the same house for the last 18 years, but before that, I moved 16 times.
- After college, I turned down an interview with the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives), and instead got a job working at a library.
- Last book you read? Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Last movie you watched? Remember Sunday
- First TV character to come to mind? Damon Salvatore
- Song that’s stuck in your head? When I was Your Man, by Bruno Mars
- Last thing you Googled? Hair styles—because I was going to get my hair done.
- Farthest place you’ve traveled? Israel
- Favorite snack? Anything peanut butter and chocolate—and if you add in baked potato chips, I will love you forever.
- Coffee or tea? I drink both during the day, but if I’m at Starbucks, soy lattes are a favorite.
- Last thing you pinned on Pinterest? A beach pic, with a guy holding a surf board.